Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Blogging Fiend

I blog way too much, I think.
It's gotten to the point where things happen and I immediately start thinking about how I could talk about them on my blog. I don't know where I got this driving desire to share my thoughts with all five of you who read this.
I don't have the same desire with my journal. And I used to be much too lazy to blog at all. My thoughts are too fleeting, they run away too quickly, for me to sit down and write them out. But here I am. Writing more than anyone could care to read. Haha, oh me.

Anyway, there was a reason for this post.
I'm supposed to be studying for my Sociology of the LDS Church midterm, but instead I am blog hopping. From my mom's funny cousin Emily's blog, to (NO) Sex and the City, where I found this. Here's just a piece: This is meg. She is awesome.
"no? you haven't met her?

neither have i.

but i want to.

i imagine m and i would be dear friends. ...the kind of friend who also
loves salty and sweet for brunch.
she'd order the banana macadamia nut flapjacks and
i would order the western omelet and we'd happily split.
salty and sweet.

her blog often brings me to tears.
she paints such exquisite pictures of what's inside her heart-
how does she know the same dreams are inside mine?"

Do you ever think that? I see people, or read their blogs, and think, "If this person only knew me, I think she and I would be great friends."
I think that a lot.
I was thinking that on Sunday at ward choir. There is this devastatingly attractive boy in my ward. I'm not even kidding, he is beautiful. Everything about him is beautiful. He's not a shallow guy either. He talks to the girls the other guys don't talk to. He went on a mission to Jamaica. He and his apartment were the first ones there at the ward service project. He's just a really nice guy. Sorry, I could just go on and on about him.....point being, I was looking at him and thinking about how he was out of my league and then I thought, really, he's not out of my league. The problem is getting him to notice me. If he knew me, I bet he would like me.
I think that a lot.
I don't know how to get to know people. There are so many guys I see and just sigh...because they will never know me. And this isn't just guys either. I see girls who I think are so amazing, or so funny, or so smart, or so talented, and I wish we were friends.
How do I remedy this?
Do I just go up and say hi? I don't even have a follow up. I would just blabber. Or say nothing at all, which is just awkward. Any tactics or advice?

4 comments:

Emily said...

I didn't know you read my blog. Neat. I love it when stalkers come out of the woodwork.

gigi said...

I've got this great opening line:
"Hi. How are you?"
People like to talk about themselves and sometimes this simple question opens up a wealth of possibilities.

Chels said...

Dude, they do not. They say, "Good, how are you?"
and you say, "Good"
and then you go on your merry way. Totally doesn't work. Nobody really answers that question.

Anonymous said...

I don't have suggestions because I am 42 and still think those same exact thoughts...if they knew me they would SO love me. sigh. Sadly it doesn't necessarily get easier. Although maybe it does for some who grow out of their awkward stage...You should get to know those people and ask their advice!
:-D

Chels--when someone asks you how you are you have to answer with something unusual like "amazing" "fantastic" "unbelievable" so they will say "wow, now that is good answer" and you can strike up a conversation. If you say "good" then you've killed it. I'm just sayin'...