Life is a beautiful thing.
The last couple days have been so great, with really no complaints.
I've been getting up when I'm supposed to, and going to all my classes (even Stats), and eating healthy and exercising, and I've even had time to read books just for fun!
No stress, everything is going smoothly.
I went walking with my dad and we figured out my life. Well, my summer anyway.
I'm applying to go to Ukraine in the Fall to teach English to little kids. It's been a dream of mine and it feels to weird to be actually happening!
I've been blissfully happy.
It must be the calm before the storm. I can feel it. Things never go smoothly for long.
In other news,
I've been dating my facebook husband.
I was hanging out with him last night, and while we were sitting and talking, I started laughing randomly.
Because I am awkward like that.
I was thinking about how I had such a crush on him in high school, and I never could have imagined ever dating him. Yet there I was.
If high school me could've seen college me, I think she would have been very surprised. Hopefully good surprised.
High school me planned on being a graphic designer. Not a marriage counselor.
But I think looking back at the person I wanted to be, I pretty much turned out to be her.
For the most part.
What do you know? That's cool.
Also, did you know that if you want a change of heart, you can totally pray for it and voila? It's amazing. My dad always tells me that.
"Uh huh. Yeah dad. That's a great idea. So cool. I'll try that. Ok, see ya."
But really, he knew what he was talking about.
I used to be good at getting up early, I had swim practice every morning at 5:45. Ok, so my mom kind of had to drag me out of bed. But that's beside the point. I got in a bad rut living on my own, with no one to make sure I got up, and I would sleep in until the very last possible minute, and then end up rushing around and being stressed and not looking cute ever.
And then I decided this had to stop.
So in a moment of humility, I said, "ok, I really need to start getting up early. It's gonna take some work. I need to want to get up early. I can't do it on my own. Could you help? Thanks."
And it worked.
Other problem was my food situation. I'm not one to deny my stomach what it wants.
So I'd be at home looking at the healthy selection of food I'd bought myself, and think, this isn't what I want. What I really want is a burger....and off I'd go.
Bad for me, bad for my budget.
So I asked for help with the food too. Please help me want to eat healthy, and to want to eat the lovely canned fruits and vegetables my parents have so kindly donated.
And voila.
You should try it sometime. Or maybe you already do, and I'm just slow. It did, after all, take my 19 1/2 years to figure it out. Even with my dad telling me.
He's a lot smarter than I sometimes give him credit for.
I had another thing on my mind, but I seem to have forgotten what it was.
Darn, you're all thinking. No more random ramblings to read.
I know, I'm sorry to disappoint.
Oh, guess what?
Yesterday I was offered $2,000 to make out with someone.
I didn't.
But seriously? It's a strange, strange world we live in.
5 comments:
I absolutely love when you blog. It makes my day. You are too cool. I really haven't thought of praying for things like that. Whenever I pray for patience with my kids it certainly helps. I gotta try it with getting up earlier and with eating better...thanks for the help! :)
back up. .. is this a new boyfriend? e-mail me please.
$2000? Wow. People are so classy.
$2000?!
do you have any idea who i WOULDN'T make out with for that many bones?
holy crap.
Ukraine!!! You know I approve. Sounds lovely.
Post a Comment