Monday, March 9, 2009

Domestic Goddess in Training



My next attempt at being a domestic goddess with the limited resources I have in the kitchen turned out somewhat better.
I made chicken salad! As in, the stuff you put on sandwiches.
Ok, so really not super domestic or impressive.
But it turned out great.
Worcherstercher Shauce was my random ingredient, because I just love the stuff. Love the name, love the smell. Ahhhh. Call me weird, but it is delicious. And it balanced out the mayo, which tastes a little strange. But it's not expired, I checked.
I apologize if this grossed you out.

I've been eating so creatively.
Much of that is thanks to my wonderful roommate/surrogate mom, Cami.
For example, last week when I was rushing out the door (after she had woken me up, because I slept through my alarm), she handed me a piece of toast topped with refried beans, a slice of cheese, and a slice of turkey. It was delicious, but that may have been because I was starving.
She basically tops everything with cheese and turkey. Like the breakfast burrito she made me. Or the bagel she made me. It's a good thing I keep her around.

Is woken a word? It sounds funny.
Also, do any of you have any crazy college dishes that you would never normally eat?
They say necessity is the mother of invention.
And I need suggestions.

2 comments:

Suzy said...

I have eaten plain flour tortillas as a snack. But that's not much of a suggestion...even though they DO taste surprisingly good :)

gigi said...

I like to say "awakened" because I know that's a word and it also sounds kind of pompous, and you know how I like pomposity. Which, according to the spell check, is a word.
I love Cami, but that toast and beans thing sounds kind of weird.
One time all my dad had to eat in his office was some rice and taco sauce packets from taco bell. And no utensils. Yep, I ate cold rice and taco sauce with my hands. It was...interesting.