Today began lazily, with me sleeping in. In my mind, a day begun with sleeping in cannot go well, but today I was proven wrong.
Today was beautiful and perfect.
Today Cami and I worked on our song (she plays the guitar and sings, I sing backup and help with the lyrics)
Today I went running in shorts, and went running further than usual. Yay!
Today I felt so neighborly, and everyone was outside, and we chatted excitedly about warm weather plans like camping and biking trips. Everyone was in a good mood. We played football in the street and went to lunch at Guanahuantos (which my neighbors were scandalized to hear I had never heard of)
Today I studied outside in shorts! It was such nice weather!
Today I felt cute.
I went to the old folk's home and met Rebecca Jacobs ("Not a drop of Jewish blood in me," she said,"but Rebecca Jacobs just the same") and Florence (who was called Flossy as a girl, and was raised in China) and Ruth (who told me I looked like a hussy showing off so much leg in my knee length skirt :) and Johanna (who is from all over Europe and has the most beautiful accent and intelligent eyes) and Jack (who kept asking for his wife, who apparently died just recently) and Cleo (who kept squeezing my arm and telling me to enjoy myself, and she'd be right back. I think she confused me for a granddaughter). It was fun after I got comfortable and started talking to Rebecca. I'm working on my fear of old people...I just never know what to say to them but I'd love to just listen to their life stories, I could listen all day. Thanks Maggie for taking me with you!
Today I finished my paintings for Big A and I'm pretty excited! They look so good together! Now I just have to hold them hostage til she agrees to take me to Maui with her :)
Today I went home for dinner and we had our first outdoor bbq and bonfire of the year! I can't get over how beautiful the weather is. It was perfect because the bugs aren't out yet. The Erwins came over and my mom made dutch oven baked beans and brownies. I'll post pictures when I can find the cord that connects the camera to the computer...
Today I visited Diane and Ryan so I could steal Diane's guitar and learn to play it! I'm so excited! I've been told that girls are ten times more attractive when they can sing and play the guitar, so here goes. Wish me luck :)
I also got to just hang out with them and help paint Beth's room, so there are my service hours for the day. Go me. I even managed to paint my favorite pants. It made me miss the good old days when our house was under construction and we would work on it late into the night. So fun.
I also got to look at some pictures from last summer and holy cow I was monkey indian tan! I hope that happens again. Seriously I need Diane to email me those pictures so I can show them off. HOT.
So now I'm sitting in bed, my room is cleaned, my face is washed, my teeth are brushed, my hair still smells like campfire, and life is good.
One perfect day down, a million more to go.
1 comment:
Wow, I missed that hussy comment. When did that happen? Haha. I thought Johanna was lovely. I hope I look like her when I am old.
Thanks for coming with me man.
Post a Comment