Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sigalagala!

Kenyan phrase meaning:"Let there be ululation!"

So I've probably mentioned it before, but I have the perfect roommate. She's clean and low-maintenance and she doesn't have any weird habits or cook any weird smelly food.
She sometimes talks in her sleep, which is very entertaining. But don't tell her I told you.
None of the mess in the bathroom is hers.
She doesn't mind if my mess finds its way to her side of the room occasionally.
She doesn't walk around in her underwear.
She doesn't mind if I keep the light on after she goes to bed.
She listens to me talk and talk and talk and never tells me to shut up, and she laughs and gives all the right responses at the right parts of my stories.
She's funny.
She's a diligent student and a good example.

With the semester coming to an end, and the Villa sending us daily reminders to buy Spring/Summer contracts, I started to realize that things will be changing, roommates will be changing, and what if I get a new weird roommate?! I don't want a different roommate! What if my new roommate hates me, or has some weird habits, or is anal retentive or something?
I didn't want to ask her if she wants to be my roommate still, because she's such a nice person she wouldn't say no, but what if she really didn't want to? What if she thinks I talk too much? Or I'm too messy? or I have too many scandalous stories?
But today,
I was sitting on the couch doing homework, and my wonderful roommate was sitting on the other couch and she looked over at me and said "So what are we doing for Spring/Summer? We should probably figure that out."
WE
She said WE!
I'm not losing my wonderful roommate!
Let there be ululation!

That's all.

1 comment:

gigi said...

Yay! Great story. I like your roommate too. Tell her I said that.