Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls!

Note: I still haven't figured out how to get the pictures in order...just go with it.
So my mom has had this tradition, for as long as I can remember, of making cinnamon rolls every Conference Sunday. Usually she even makes several batches and delivers some to the neighbors.
These cinnamon rolls are famous and amazing and one of the best parts of Conference memories :)
This year my mom had the stomach flu and couldn't make them, but we simply couldn't have Conference Sunday without cinnamon rolls, so for the first time Jaime and I tried our hands at it.
They turned out so good! Possibly a little less aesthetically pleasing than usual...but otherwise delicious

Slicing up that giant roll with dental floss was probably my favorite part

Jaime posing with the dough...
My mom had to rewrite the recipe for me because the old copy was so faded only she could read or understand it. So now I have the secret. Bahaha
Our lovely workspace
Another domestic goddess hurdle cleared in my quest to become like my mom :)

2 comments:

gigi said...

That's so funny, my mom made cinnamon rolls for the first time last night. I ate about 20 of them.

BrittanyB said...

Chels, the secrets out, i can totally read the writing on that card!